Bredbury St Mark’s is a school on the up – and we are now looking to appoint an outstanding leader who will build on the rapid improvements that have been made so far. The successful applicant will have the highest ambitions for all of our children, and will have a clear vision for excellence in teaching and learning. They will be a skilled communicator who can engage with all sections of our community, and who will promote and develop our school’s Christian ethos. They will also appreciate the benefits of working closely with other schools within CDAT, learning from and sharing best practice.
Bredbury St Mark’s is a one-form-entry (with nursery) Church of England Primary School, and is a member of the Chester Diocesan Academies Trust (CDAT).
Salary: £58,135 - £64,143 (Reference points L14-L18)
Preferred start date: September 2021 (or sooner if possible)
Closing date for applications: Monday 17th May, no later than noon.
Shortlisting will take place during w/c Monday 17th May, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted as soon as possible after the shortlisting meeting.
Interview date: Thursday 27th May
More information about the school and CDAT can be found on the school’s website:, or on the CDAT website: www.cdat.co.uk
Bredbury St Mark’s School is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory “Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check”.
Relevant Forms: Job Description
SCHOOL BUSINESS MANAGER
Permanent, 36 hours per week, term time only plus 10 days
Salary: GRADE: G Scale 23 to 28
The governors of this successful school wish invite applications from highly motivated and organised individuals with energy and vision to join this lively and enthusiastic team as our new Business Manager. The successful candidate will be forward thinking and be both willing and able to support the Head teacher and Senior Leadership Team in continuing to develop a successful and effective 21st Century School.
Our school can offer:
- an opportunity for you to make a real difference in the lives of young people.
- a commitment to your professional development
- a welcoming, supportive, inclusive working environment led by our Christian Ethos and Values
The successful candidate will need to:
- have or be willing to work towards the Certificate/Diploma for School Business Manager (C/DSBM)
- has a strong finance background with proven experience of managing budgets
- has excellent leadership skills, a strong work ethic and the ability adapt and prioritise while leading in a variety of areas
- be able to manage a wide range of stakeholder relationships
- has experience of managing a team
- will be able to exercise discretion and conﬁdentiality
- is forward thinking, proactive and approachable
- will work closely with the Head Teacher in supporting our vision and Christian ethos
This post requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure. St Paul’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 9am Wednesday 5th May 2021. Please send all completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be during Week beginning Monday 10th May 2021. Candidates who have been shortlisted will be notified via email. Previous applicants need not apply.
Relevant Forms: Job Spec