Chester Diocesan Academies Trust (CDAT) has a vision for the growth of thriving learning
communities, that provide everyone with the opportunity to achieve to the very best of their gifts
and abilities. Christian values and service are at the heart of all we do, as we help young people to
develop excitement in learning.
• work in partnership with Chester Diocesan Board of Education, the education authority for the
Diocese of Chester;
• are a multi-academy trust established to support schools across the Diocese of Chester;
• welcome interest in joining from all Church of England schools in the Diocese and others who
wish to join our Christian organisation.
The Trust has overall responsibility for the education of the children and establishes a local
governing body to oversee each school on a 'day to day' basis. Some members of the local
governing body are appointed by CDAT and others are elected by parents.
CDAT provides member academies with the following benefits:
Stability and protection in a fast-changing educational landscape
Core support for key academy functions
Support for schools requiring rapid improvement and schools aspiring to become or remain
Strong strategic guidance and advice from our experienced team who understand, support
and develop church school education
Collaboration and networking, sharing best practice between all academies in the Trust
Economies of scale and cost saving for a range of services centrally procured by the Trust.
Working relations within a Trust that maintains the integrity and independence of local schools judged ‘good’ and ‘outstanding.’
As a CDAT academy, schools will receive a comprehensive package of support allowing leaders to
concentrate on the core purpose of delivering an outstanding Christian education. These key
- Enhanced School Improvement & Strategic Leadership Support
- High quality professional development opportunities
- Collaborative & Network Partnerships
- Finance Support
- HR and Payroll
- Financial Management System (FMS)
- Legal Advice
- Audit and Accountancy
- Procurement Advice & Guidance